Terms and Conditions
The Scholarship Program is now CLOSED as of July 12th, 2019, 5:00 pm EST.
The mission of Dr. Jan McBarron Scholarship Program (“Program”) is to provide merit-based assistance to those students who show promise and initiative. The goals of the Program are to promote wider and deeper respect for learning in general, and for exceptionally talented individuals in particular. The Program seeks to shine a light on intelligent students and encourage the pursuit of academic excellence at all levels of education.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Criteria. The Program undertakes a comprehensive review of applications in determining which applicants shall be awarded scholarships. The Program considers a wide variety of factors, including but not limited to, academic accomplishments, non-academic accomplishments, awards, recommendations, personal statements, volunteer efforts, as well as independent diligence, including research of available public information.
- GPA. Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 on a 4.0 scale.
- Minimum Course Grade. Applicants must not have received a final grade of “C-” or less in any course taken at any time on after January 1, 2018.
- Academic Discipline. Applicants must not have been the subject of any academic discipline at any time on or after January 1, 2018.
- Evidence of Enrollment. No later than June 30, 2019, winners of the scholarship must show evidence of enrollment, or acceptance of enrollment, in a degree program at a four-year accredited college or university within the United States or Canada for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Evidence of enrollment must be generated by the college or university and can include, but is not limited to, letters of acceptance of enrollment provided by a qualified college or university, or written evidence of course registration provided by a qualified college or university.
- Letters or assurances by applicants affirming that they have been admitted, or intend to enroll in a qualified college or university will not satisfy the Program’s requirement for proof of enrollment.
- Deadline. Complete applications for Dr. Jan McBarron Scholarship Program must be submitted via the Program’s online portal no later than July 12th, 2019, at 5:00 pm EST. This includes all evaluations and requisite documents to be submitted with the application.
- Applications Accepted Via Portal. Applications that are e-mailed, mailed, or delivered in any form other than through the Program’s online portal will not be considered.